Drug addiction treatment programs provide tools and strategies to help people overcome the challenges they face from using substances like opioids, cocaine, and benzos. These programs are designed to provide various therapeutic approaches, allowing each person to find the right type and level of treatment for their needs. At Fort Behavioral Health, our drug addiction treatment program in Fort Worth, Texas, provides comprehensive care for people who want to end their dependence on drugs. If you or someone you care about is stuck in the endless cycle of drug addiction, reach out to our Fort Behavioral Health team today.
Which Drug Addiction Treatment Programs Fit Your Needs?
Before choosing any type of treatment program, you must consider which types of therapy may be best to support your recovery. A full assessment performed by our Fort Behavioral Health team is the first step in our drug addiction treatment programs. An assessment is a process of determining the severity of your addiction and the type of therapy most likely to help you.
At Fort Behavioral Health, we offer a range of program options, including the following:
- Drug detox – In detox, a person works closely with a team in counseling while also detoxing from the drugs they’ve consumed. This process may involve the use of medications to help alleviate pain and withdrawal symptoms throughout this program.
- Residential treatment – Living at the treatment center provides the best access to the wide range of therapies available. This can take several weeks or longer, enabling a person to have a drug-free, safe place to heal and recover from addiction.
- Intensive outpatient program – For those who have a drug-free and supportive home, outpatient treatment in this form works well. This type of treatment is flexible, as sessions occur most days of the week at our facility for several hours at a time.
- Outpatient treatment – A type of step-down level of care, a person still gets to live at home but comes in for care less frequently. This is often the best option for people as they continue to see improvements in their recovery.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – For people with drug addiction and a mental health disorder, this type of specialized treatment is best. During dual diagnosis treatment, a person typically lives at the treatment center depending on the severity of their disorder.
How Does Comprehensive Addiction Therapy Help Recovery?
In these drug addiction treatment programs, people can focus on the healing process. Initially, that means having access to detox programs if necessary. Medications for detoxing and those for mental health disorders can help a person overcome many of the initial challenges.
Counseling at Fort Behavioral Health starts during detox and continues long after. Therapy is designed to address the unique needs of a person. Some of the benefits of addiction therapy programs may include:
- Stress management techniques and coping skills
- Management strategies for mental health disorders
- Changes in thought patterns to minimize negative outcomes
- Life skills training and supportive services
- Understanding and managing triggers
For many men and women, drug addiction treatment programs provide a way for a person to manage the challenges of life without turning to drugs to cope when the going gets tough. That’s why individual and group therapy is so essential. These therapy programs enable a person to grow and learn in recovery to better manage stress and overcome past trauma. Many people find strength during drug addiction treatment programs because they feel empowered to make better decisions and enjoy a higher quality of life.
Another therapy program that benefits people in treatment is family therapy. Family therapy teaches communication skills and repairs relationships that may have been damaged due to drug addiction.
Ready to Embrace Treatment? Contact Fort Behavioral Health Today
Which of our drug addiction treatment programs seems to be a good fit for your needs? If you’re unsure, that’s okay. Our compassionate counselors can help you determine what steps to take to get healthy and feel like yourself again. At Fort Behavioral Health, you have access to the very best treatment plans available. Learn more when you call 844.387.4877 or reach out to us online to explore your options.