In the midst of an addiction, it may seem like no one understands what is happening to you. Intense feelings of being alone and isolated are common. Yet, in a rehab group, a lot of these feelings get better. Knowing there are others going through the same journey can be reassuring. If you are battling an addiction to drugs or alcohol, help is available. At Fort Behavioral Health in Fort Worth, Texas, a rehab group therapy program is one of the options we offer at our drug rehab center.
How Does a Rehab Group Work?
During drug and alcohol rehab programs, most people work in individual therapy. In this type of care, a person works one-on-one with their therapist, learning, working through problems, and developing new skills. Group therapy involves working with several people, including a therapist. Each person in the group is battling a similar addiction in their lives.
What Happens During Sessions in a Rehab Program?
The goal of a group therapy program is to learn about tools and resources to help men and women overcome their addictions and repair the damage substance abuse has caused. Some of the benefits of a men’s rehab program or a women’s rehab program include:
- Receive positive peer support – Group therapy programs provide positive reinforcement from peers, enabling those with addiction to abstain from those substances longer. Members get to know each other and, over time, can support each other through the recovery process.
- Reduce feelings of isolation – People who have substance abuse disorders typically feel isolated from others who don’t understand their struggles. Yet, in a group therapy program, they begin to feel connected to others.
- Learn coping skills – In a group therapy program, people learn how to cope with the stress and strain of addiction. This may include learning to manage stress more constructively. It also helps people learn how to cope with health needs, mental health disorders, and trauma.
- Acquire effective strategies – A significant part of group therapy is to share information and tools that help others to deal with life without needing to use drugs or alcohol. This may include strategies for relationships, work-related stress, financial stress, and much more.
- See recovery is possible – Another learning opportunity comes from seeing results. It’s powerful to see that someone who walked a similar path in life is now able to live a healthy and sober lifestyle.
Rehab Group and Reality
Another essential aspect of a group therapy program is facing reality. In this environment, everyone understands what’s happened. They also have a deeper understanding of what it feels like to be in that position. Each group member can then offer feedback about a person’s values, beliefs, and abilities to remain drug-free. This support network is a valuable resource during substance abuse treatment programs and beyond.
Additional Benefits of a Rehab Group in Long-Term Recovery
Remaining in a rehab group long-term is often beneficial. It keeps reinforcing the beliefs and practices in the process. Some of the other advantages of this type of addiction therapy program include:
- Constant support and building self-awareness
- Being comforted appropriately yet held to goals and standards
- Groups are structured and disciplined, teaching a person to be that way in day-to-day life
- Encouragement, coaching, and support over the long term
- Building communications and relationships within the group and skills to form those relationships outside of the group
- Group settings are ideal places to learn and grow
Choose Treatment in a Rehab Group by Calling Fort Behavioral Health Now
A rehab group is a powerful component of addiction therapy. For many men and women facing the struggles of addiction recovery, having someone by your side that gets it is valuable. At our drug rehab center in Fort Worth, Texas, we provide this as an option for treatment. To get started, call Fort Behavioral Health at 844.332.1807 or reach out online now.
Fort Behavioral Health in Fort Worth, Texas reaches out to the community with adult and adolescent addiction treatment programs. The dual-licensed addiction treatment center provides the programs, therapy, and treatment Texas residents deserve.
Lasting recovery isn’t about Fort Behavioral Health, it’s about you. Our licensed experts help you rebuild your life and relationships. From medical detox staff to master level clinicians and nutrition specialists, your body and mind begin to heal once you reach out for help in Fort Worth, Texas.
Contact us to learn more about Fort Behavioral Health addiction treatment and wellness programs.